This post has lots of photos showing you How to make a Vanilla Latte at home. It’s an easy recipe with good, step-by-step instructions.
It’s quite satisfying to know how to make your own coffee drinks at home. Working from home is the new norm, so this is a skill you need to learn. Don’t worry- it’s easy! And think about how much money you will save on buying fancy drinks from the coffee shop! It’s time to learn how to make a vanilla latte. And then you can branch out and make even more coffee drinks.
How to make vanilla syrup for coffee:
Begin by making a thick simple syrup. Add 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a saucepan. Heat to boiling, stir until sugar dissolves. Let the sugar syrup cool completely. Then add 1 tablespoon vanilla extract to the cooled sugar syrup to create vanilla syrup. This can be used to make a vanilla latte, and you can also add it to your iced coffee or cold brew coffee! This recipe for vanilla syrup will allow you to make about 10 beverages. Just store it in the refrigerator, and it will keep for up to one month.
Ingredients needed to make a Vanilla Latte:
- 2 shots of hot espresso
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla syrup (instructions for making vanilla syrup are in the recipe)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
How to make a Vanilla Latte:
Add espresso and vanilla syrup to a mug. I like to use tall glass mugs for making coffee and coffee drinks. I ordered a set of tall glass mugs on Amazon a few years ago, and we use them all the time!
Can you make espresso in a Keurig?
Yes! You don’t have to have an espresso maker to brew espresso. If you have a coffee maker that uses K-cups or pods (like a Keurig), you can use espresso pods instead of coffee pods. We happen to have the Keurig Coffee, Latte and Cappuccino Maker at my house, and we love it. It has a built-in milk frother!
Frothing the milk for a latte:
Heat the milk. A classic vanilla latte uses whole milk. If you’re watching your calories, use skim milk. Because I’m showing you the proper method for how to make a vanilla latte, the next step involves “frothing” the milk. This is a process that will add air bubbles to the milk to create foam. Use a milk frother to froth the hot milk. I know it sounds fancy, but it’s very easy to do. If you don’t have a milk frother, you can use an immersion blender, or put the steamed milk in a shaker bottle and shake vigorously. Pour the steamed and frothed milk into the mug with the espresso and vanilla syrup. Use a spoon to hold back the froth (foam).
Stir the milk into the espresso. Spoon the foam on top.
Enjoy your hot vanilla latte!
See how easy it is to make a vanilla latte at home?? Once you start making them on your own, it will be difficult to shell out cash to buy them at the coffee shop. Enjoy your vanilla latte with a Blueberry-Lemon Scone or some Almond Biscotti.
How to make a Vanilla Latte
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 shots espresso (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- ⅔ cup whole milk, steamed and frothed
MAKE THE VANILLA SYRUP:
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar and water. Heat over medium-heat, whisking occasionally, as it is brought to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Stir in vanilla extract. Store in a covered container, and keep refrigerated. You will be able to make about 10 vanilla lattes with this recipe for vanilla syrup.
MAKE THE VANILLA LATTE:
- In a mug, combine hot espresso with vanilla syrup.
- Heat the milk to steaming. Do this in a saucepan on the stovetop or in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Use a milk frother to froth the hot milk. If you don't have a milk frother, you can use an immersion blender, or put the steamed milk in a shaker bottle and shake vigorously.
- Pour the steamed/frothed milk into the mug with the espresso and vanilla syrup; stir, using a spoon to hold back the milk froth. Spoon the milk froth on top; serve immediately.