My Instant Pot Cheesecake is a quick and delicious treat that you can throw together with just 20 minutes of active work, and then let your electric pressure cooker do the rest! The strawberry topping is a great twist on a traditional vanilla cheesecake, and just tasting this is like tasting spring!
How To Make Instant Pot Cheesecake
Cheesecake has always been one of my favorite desserts, and I am SUCH a classic girl. Usually plain vanilla is it, and I’m proud of it. When it starts to smell a little like spring though, and the strawberries start looking big and ripe and so sweet you can smell them all the way across the produce aisle, all I want is strawberry everything.
For a long time, I avoided making cheesecakes because while the process is pretty simple, the whole water bath, will it crack, needs to sit overnight in the oven process was just usually TOO MUCH for me to want to tackle for a non-holiday event. Also – my cheesecake pan was a 10 inch, and a 10-inch cheesecake is LARGE. I love it, and I can only handle a little piece, and only once in a while. It is delicious but it is RICH!
When I started doing a lot of Instant Pot cooking and realized that that thing was good for more than just chicken broth and pot roast, a whole new world opened up. I mean, COME ON. A tiny 7-inch cheesecake that is perfect for one evening’s dessert and is ready to PUT IN THE FRIDGE in a couple hours? SOLD.
Like any cheesecake, the most important advice I can give you is below.
TIPS FOR MAKING INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE
YES, it really does need to be made with room temperature ingredients. For real. Don’t skip this part, you will regret it.
No power tools allowed. Just mix this by hand, and you will be MUCH less likely to overmix it.
These come from personal experience, from someone who has made a lot of cheesecakes in my day, and no matter how hard I try, no matter how I think I haven’t overmixed it, if I use my stand or even my hand mixer then I almost definitely overmixed it.
This Instant Pot Cheesecake is a fabulous recipe for a cookout, potluck, church gathering, or to drop off on someone’s front porch for a special treat!
Instant Pot Cheesecake
- 1 Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker
- 7- inch springform pan
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker or nilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam or strawberry ice cream topping
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Lightly spray a 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the crumbs and melted butter together, and press into the springform pan. Push the crumbs about one inch up the sides, and make sure to press them down with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass. Place in the freezer while you mix up the filling.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine the cream cheese, sugar, room temperature sour cream, flour, lemon juice, and vanilla until fully combined and smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently mix in the eggs, one-at-a-time, until you cannot see visible any egg white.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the cheesecake batter into it.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Using the trivet with handles, carefully lower the cheesecake into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and set it to Manual high pressure for 25 minutes. When the timer goes off, allow the pot to release the pressure naturally.
- Once the pin has dropped, carefully remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot, and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour to continue cooling.
- Refrigerate for several hours (or overnight). When you remove from the refrigerator, carefully release the springform.
- Right before serving, mix together the jam, sour cream and sugar. Spread evenly on top of the cheesecake, and top with the fresh strawberries.
- Slice and serve!
- Here's a link to the pan you need that will fit inside the Instant Pot: 7-inch springform pan (affiliate link)