This Mexican Bean Dip is an easy to make Mexican-themed warm dip recipe to serve with chips for dunking.
Mexican Bean Dip
This dip is always a hit at parties!
Servings: 18 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced small
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- Two 16-ounce cans low fat refried beans with green chilies
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1½ cups salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Sauté the onion along with the ground meat. Use paper towels to soak up the fat produced by the meat. Then mix in the salt, pepper and chili powder to taste. Set the meat mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the beans, cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa. Then stir in the spiced meat mixture.
- Spread the mixed ingredients into a 9x13-inch dish. Bake, uncovered, until warm and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips for dunking.
- If you can't find the refried beans with chilies, use two cans of regular refried beans + a small can of chopped chiles.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 109kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 583mg, Potassium: 194mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 245IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 49mg, Iron: 1mg