This Mushroom and Parmigiano Bruschetta is a bruschetta that is really different than your typical tomato topped appetizer.
Mushroom and Parmigiano Bruschetta
An amazing, elegant appetizer. Perfect for a cocktail party!
Servings: 4 servings (2 bruschetta per serving)
- ½ cup chopped, seeded Roma tomato
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon capers
- ½ teaspoon granulated white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 10 leaves thinly sliced basil
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- ⅓ cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- ⅓ cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- ⅓ cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- Eight ½-inch thick slices French bread baguette, cut on the diagonal and toasted
- ¼ cup (1-ounce) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients (through basil); set aside.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onions and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add the mushroom mixture to the tomato mixture; toss well to combine.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the mushroom/tomato mixture onto each bread slice. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 272kcal, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 742mg, Potassium: 293mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 590IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 239mg, Iron: 2mg