Mushroom-lovers can celebrate this stuffed brie recipe. Sautéed onions and mushrooms are stuffed in the middle of a wheel of brie and wrapped in puff pastry to create this Mushroom and Sweet Onion Stuffed Brie. The brie is melted and the puff pastry becomes golden and flaky.
Baked brie is a wonderful appetizer to serve at a party. All of that gooey, melted cheese is hard to resist for party-goers!
How to make Mushroom and Sweet Onion Stuffed Brie:
Sauté the onions in butter, olive oil and garlic until softened. Then add in mushrooms, sherry, salt and pepper. The flavor of this onion-mushroom mixture is phenomenal!
Slice a round of brie in half. Spread the onion mushroom mixture on one of the halves of brie. Place the other half of the brie on top.
Lightly roll out the puff pastry. Place the stuffed brie in the middle of the puff pastry. Wrap the puff pastry around the brie. Turn it over onto a greased pie plate so the smooth side is on top. Bake until golden brown and the cheese is melted and fabulous. Enjoy!
Here are a few more baked brie recipes you may enjoy:
- Baked Brie with Fig Jam
- Chutney Baked Brie
- Phyllo Baked Brie with Figs and Walnuts
- Baked Brie with Blueberry Sauce
- Baked Brie with Warmed Honeyed Grapes & Walnuts
Mushroom and Sweet Onion Stuffed Brie
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly slices (stems ok)
- ¼ cup sherry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 wheel brie (5 to 6-inches in diameter)
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Heat a skillet to medium-low. Add the butter, olive oil, garlic and onions. Saute until the onions are softened. Add the mushrooms and sherry. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the liquid is incorporated. Let cool. Spoon out any extra liquid (if there is any) and discard.
- Slice the brie right down the middle (horizontally) to make 2 rounds. Spread the mushroom mixture on one of the rounds. Place the other round on top of the mushrooms.
- Lightly roll out the puff pastry. Place the stuffed brie on the pastry. Fold the pastry around the brie and wrap around all sides. Turn the brie over so the smooth side is on top. Mark the sides of the wrapped brie with vertical fork lines. Place in a greased pie plate and bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10 minutes. Turn down to 400 degrees, and continue to bake until golden brown. Watch closely... if overcooked, the brie will leak.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Serve with baguette slices.