This Olive Tomato Tapenade is an easy appetizer to display at a party.
From a RecipeGirl reader:
YUM! Made this for a pre Labor day celebration last night, and bringing it again to a Labor Day picnic today! This was so simple, always have these ingredients on hand. Super awesome if you love olives!
- ½ pound (8 ounces) roasted red onions (see tips below)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Run all ingredients through the food processor, then mix well. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve this wonderful spread with sliced baguette and crackers.
- Place sliced red onions on a large baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and roast at 400 degrees F. until slightly browned and blackened on edges.
- If you can find sun-dried tomatoes dry and not packed in oil, use those. Soften them up in some hot water before processing.