I love this really unique way to serve salmon: Pistachio Baked Salmon
Pistachio Baked Salmon
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:12 minutes
- 1 cup salted dry-roasted pistachio nuts, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Six 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup purchased basil pesto and hot, cooked linguine noodles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, combine pistachio nuts, brown sugar, lemon juice, dill weed, and pepper; set aside.
- Place salmon fillet in a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Measure thickness of fish. Spoon pistachio mixture evenly on each fillet. Gently press in place to form a crust.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve over pesto tossed noodles, if desired.