Time to grill some more chicken! >> Plum Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs
If you’re experienced at grilling, then you know that chicken thighs often turn out to be a much better friend of the grill than chicken breasts. Breasts tend to dry out a bit unless they’re pounded out rather thinly, but chicken thighs grill-up quickly and they are usually far more tender and juicy.
In this recipe, the thighs are quick-marinated in a homemade plum glaze that has a ton of flavor.
After grilling, more of that plum glaze is brushed on top– and you can be as generous as you want with it. This is a great chicken recipe to cook on the grill this summer!
Plum Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the chicken in a large zip baggie and refrigerate.
- Prepare the plum glaze: In a medium saucepan, combine the rice wine, soy sauce, plum sauce, water, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture reduces by about 1/3. Glaze should thicken slightly. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add half of the plum glaze to the chicken in the bag, and marinate for at least a couple of hours or overnight (refrigerated).
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and coat with oil or grill spray. Remove chicken from the bag (then discard the bag and marinade) and grill 4 to 5 minutes on the first side, until good grill marks are showing. Flip and grill an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a platter and brush the reserved plum glaze on top.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use brands of soy sauce and plum sauce that are known to be GF.
Here are a few more grilled chicken thigh recipes you might enjoy:
- Grilled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple, Corn and Bell Pepper Relish by Eat Yourself Skinny
- Cilantro Chicken by RecipeGirl
- Beer Marinated Chicken Thighs by Simply Scratch
- Asian Barbecue Chicken by RecipeGirl
- Grilled Ranch Chicken Thighs by The Bitter Side of Sweet