These Pork Chops Stuffed with Smoked Gouda are a fabulous recipe to try for dinner. They’re so delicious!
Pork Chops Stuffed with Smoked Gouda
The smoky gouda makes these pork chops extra special!
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ pound smoked gouda cheese shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅙ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Four 2½-inch thick center-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, parsley and ⅛ teaspoon of black pepper. Set aside.
- Lay a pork chop flat on a cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone, but leaving the sides intact. Stuff the cheese mixture into the pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick.
- Brush the pork chop with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until the pork is done.
- Alternately, you can fry these in a pan in a light amount of oil.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just make sure that the brand of bacon you are using is known to be GF.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 694kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 55g, Fat: 50g, Saturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 211mg, Sodium: 853mg, Potassium: 780mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 978IU, Vitamin C: 10mg, Calcium: 442mg, Iron: 2mg
I love this recipe! It’s so simple with elegant, delicious results. The stuffed chops froze well and allowed me to use up all the smoked Gouda that I had purchased.