Here’s a simple recipe for spiced Pumpkin Raisin Bars:
These bars are topped with a thin layer of sweet cream cheese frosting. If you’re not fond of raisins, it’s okay to leave them out of the recipe!
Pumpkin Raisin Bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- One 15 ounce can pure (unsweetened) pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15½ x 10½ x 1 inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Stir first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Use an electric mixer to beat in pumpkin, eggs and oil and beat until blended. Mix in raisins.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (about 25 minutes). Cool in pan on rack.
- Beat frosting ingredients in medium bowl until well mixed.
- Spread frosting over cake in thin layer. Cut cake into bars and serve.