This Sautéed Apple Pumpkin Oven Pancake is a delicious, unique baked breakfast pancake!
Sautéed Apple Pumpkin Oven Pancake
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 large apples such as Granny Smith, Gala, or Golden Delicious (peeled, cored and cut into ⅜-inch slices)
- 4 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup canned, unsweetened pure pumpkin purée
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the apples and sauté just until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the sugar and ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon and stir to coat the apples. Remove from heat.
- Place 10 or 11-inch round soufflé or casserole dish in the oven to heat for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the dish from the oven, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, and tilt the dish to coat the bottom. Spoon the sautéed apples over the bottom of the dish.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, pumpkin, milk, flour, the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the vanilla, and the salt. Blend for a few seconds, just to incorporate. Scrape down the sides of the jar and blend again to fully incorporate.
- Pour the batter over the hot apples. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.