This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Super Bowl Party Recipes.
Southwestern Cheesecake Dip
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces Colby/jack cheese, shredded
- One 4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ⅓ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow and orange bell peppers
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- To prepare the crust, heat oven to 325 degrees. Mix chips and butter and press in a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To prepare filling, beat cream cheese and eggs in bowl with mixer until well blended. Mix in the cheese and chilies. Pour mixture over the crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- For topping, spread sour cream over cheesecake. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle top with green onion, tomatoes, bell peppers and olives. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.