This Strawberry Tiramisu recipe is a great dessert to make when you have access to perfect, sweet strawberries!
If you’ve ever had classic tiramisu, then you know how delicious of a dessert it can be. It’s much better making it homemade than having it a restaurant- I promise!
Ladyfingers soaked in espresso with chocolate shavings and a creamy mascarpone cheese- based layer are combined with brandy-soaked strawberries. This is a fun dessert for an adult dinner party!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup brandy
- 4 large eggs, separated
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 packages ladyfingers
- ½ cup cold espresso
- 3 squares semi-sweet chocolate, grated
- Take out a 10x14 inch pan. (You may even have enough ingredients to fill a small extra pan.)
- Wash, hull and thickly slice the berries and place in a low, flat dish. Pour 2 tablespoons sugar and ¼ cup brandy over them. Set aside to marinate.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat egg yolks with ½ cup brandy until well mixed. Add mascarpone and continue to beat until smooth.
- In separate bowl, whip egg whites until frothy and gradually add 1 cup sugar. Continue to beat until egg whites are quite stiff. Gently fold into cheese mixture.
- Dip ladyfingers, one by one (quickly or they will get soggy), into the espresso, and place a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Place a layer of strawberries over the ladyfingers.
- Pour half of the cheese mixture over the strawberries, and sprinkle half of the grated chocolate.
- Repeat the layering, using the rest of the ladyfingers, strawberries, cheese mixture and chocolate.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours.