Here’s a new favorite for breakfast: Sweet Potato Hash with Perfect Fried Eggs.
I’ve been ditching cereal for the last month or so now and replacing it mostly with eggs. I am crazy about this healthy breakfast recipe- a bed of delicious and colorful vegetables topped with perfectly fried eggs. It’s a good way to start the day off right. I seriously make this recipe about every other day for breakfast. I love it!
Start this recipe off by sautéing onion, zucchini and sweet potato in a little bit of butter, ghee or coconut oil. I like to stir them all around until very soft and lightly browned.
Then you’ll add in some chopped spinach and cherry tomatoes and cook those until softened too. The whole sauté process takes just about 7 minutes.
Once your veggies are done, it’s time to fry the eggs.
To make perfect fried eggs: I melt a little bit of butter, ghee or coconut oil in a small pan… then add my eggs… then put a lid on top to let them get cooked through to perfection on top (it just takes about 3 minutes).
They come out perfect every time…
…just a little bit runny inside. That’s the way I like them! This breakfast is filling and good-for-you all the way around. Eggs are a healthy protein which keeps you full longer… plus, the veggies make them extra special. That’s all good since I’m usually very active with exercise and dog walking in the mornings. This is my favorite recipe to make for breakfast these days!
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Sweet Potato Hash with Perfect Fried Eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter, ghee or coconut oil, divided
- ½ small (about ⅓ cup) onion, finely chopped
- 1 small (about ½ cup) zucchini, finely chopped
- ½ medium (about ½ cup) sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup tiny cherry tomatoes (or halved regular cherry tomatoes)
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt desired cooking fat in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini and sweet potato and sauté until soft and lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and tomato, and stir until spinach wilts. Set aside.
- In a small fry pan, melt desired cooking fat over medium heat. Add eggs, place a lid on top, and watch until eggs are at your desired doneness.
- Spoon the veggies into a bowl, top with fried eggs, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Here are a few more recipes with fried eggs that you might enjoy:
- Cheddar Garlic Grits with Fried Eggs by Buns in My Oven
- Protein Packed Breakfast Sandwich by RecipeGirl
- Butternut Squash Toast with Fried Eggs by Naturally Ella
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Eggland’s Best. I only write about products that I already use in my kitchen- and this is one of them! RecipeGirl.com maintains full editorial control of the content published on this site. As always, all thoughts, opinions, and enthusiasm for products are entirely my own.
Thank you, Lori! had this today, was a wonderful experience; I use just ordinary organic eggs and the effect was magnificent!
Have agood weekend!
All the best from Europe:-)
so happy to hear you enjoyed!
Hash anything is so perfect for breakfast – makes me feel like I’m eating at a diner.
Cereal is my weakness, but this looks like the perfect breakfast! I love the sweet potato hash!
I love a good breakfast hash and sweet potatoes are such a great choice!
My husband would love this for a dinner made of breakfast foods. Yum!
I love Egglands Best eggs! My husband loves hash and would love this!