These are the Best Buttermilk Pancakes!
There is nothing like making pancakes on a weekend morning. My family lives for me making special breakfasts on the weekends! This recipe for Buttermilk Pancakes is so much better than a box of pre-made powdered pancake mix. And it’s so easy to make, and everyone is always appreciate of a homemade effort!
Ingredients needed for homemade buttermilk pancakes:
- baking powder
- baking soda
You’ll combine all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and all of the wet ingredients in another bowl. Combine the dry and the wet, and you’ve got your pancake batter.
You might want to buy:
- An Electric Griddle! I love my electric griddle for making pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. It’s nonstick, so nothing sticks and it’s super easy to clean. I especially love that you can make 6 pancakes at a time. Before I had a griddle, I made pancakes in a skillet, and I could only make one or two pancakes at a time. Having the griddle is a game changer!
The griddle heats nice and evenly, so you can make 6 pancakes at a time and they are all done at the same time! This is especially helpful if you have several hungry people waiting for pancakes. Feel free to double or triple the recipe.
You can eat a big stack of pancakes or just eat a couple. I love the big stack!
These buttermilk pancakes are so light and fluffy. Serve them with warm maple syrup and some berries, if you have them. Enjoy!
Here are a few more pancake recipes you might like to try:
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Lemon Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Honey and Oat Pancakes
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Fluffy Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- Eggnog Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
- warm maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and other dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, vanilla and oil; pour into the well and stir until smooth.
- Preheat a medium nonstick griddle or skillet. Coat with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter onto the preheated griddle or skillet. Turn the pancakes when the tops are covered with bubbles and the edges begin to brown. Cook for a minute or so more, until lightly browned on the other side too. Serve with warm maple syrup.