Dads love these. Kids too. Ok, I love them the most! >> Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
If you are looking for something to make for dear ‘ol Dad this weekend, this is it. Dad likes pancakes, right? He’d be crazy not to love these pancakes. They are fluffy, they have a delicious, cinnamony flavor, and there are bananas added in for good measure… because adding bananas to pancakes is the best idea ever in the entire history of ideas. Well… I guess not exactly that extreme, but let’s just say that pancakes with bananas baked into them is a darn good idea.
I’ve always and forever for so many years… LOVED bananas cooked INTO my pancakes. I don’t like them on top as much, but when they’re cooked into the pancake itself… that’s the way to get maximum enjoyment out of your pancake-banana combo.
When the bananas are cooked right along with the batter, they have a chance to get slightly caramelized from the heat of the griddle. That’s a very good thing indeed!
Another bonus: pretty much every bite you take from your stack of pancakes is likely to have a little bit of that caramelized banana in it. The Dad in my house gives this recipe a million thumbs up (because I taught him to love banana pancakes just the way I do) 🙂
Happy Father’s Day weekend to the awesome Dads out there!
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium sliced bananas
- maple syrup, warmed (for serving)
- Place all ingredients (except banana) in a food processor (or powerful blender) and puree until smooth.
- Place a lightly buttered griddle or skillet over medium high heat.
- Spoon the batter (about ¼ cup) onto the griddle. Place a few banana slices on the batter. Watch for popping bubbles around the banana slices. Flip and brown the other side. Serve with warmed maple syrup.
Here are a few more banana pancake recipes you might enjoy:
- Banana, Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes by Picky Palate
- 2-Ingredient Banana Pancakes by RecipeGirl
- Strawberry- Banana Pancakes by Can You Stay for Dinner?
- Buckwheat Banana Pancakes by RecipeGirl
- Banana Bread Pancakes by Chef In Training