A delicious pasta recipe: Tagliatelle with Wild Mushroom Sauce
Tagliatelle with Wild Mushroom Sauce
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:22 minutes
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds wild mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less, depending on salt preference)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Madeira wine
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 8 ounces tagliatelle pasta
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- Place the porcini mushrooms in a small bowl, add 3/4 cup boiling water, and let sit 30 minutes. Strain; coarsely chop mushrooms; set aside. Pour liquid through a coffee filter or fine sieve to strain; set aside.
- Place wok or large skillet over high heat; add olive oil. When hot, add shallot and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add reserved porcini mushrooms, wild mushrooms, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until softened and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add Madeira wine, reserved porcini soaking liquid, and broth; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta; cook until al dente. Drain; add to mushroom sauce with spinach. Stir until combined and spinach is wilted.
- Serve immediately.