Here’s a hearty soup recipe made with ground turkey, added vegetables, tomato, beans and spices: Turkey Vegetable Soup
I like this soup because it’s pretty hearty with all of the veggies packed into it. The ground turkey adds the protein element to the soup. And kidney beans add to the bulk of it too.
Chili powder and cumin give the soup nice flavor.
If you are following the Weight Watchers plan, this soup counts as ZERO Freestyle SmartPoints and then you can count the cheese as extra points if you decide to sprinkle it on top. I suggest you go for it and add the cheese on top!
This is a great, healthy soup to eat as comfort food on a chilly day. It’s also nice to eat for lunch since it’s quite filling too.
Here are a few more turkey soup recipes you might enjoy:
- Best Turkey Soup Recipe
- Turkey and Stuffing Dumpling Soup
- Next Day Turkey Soup
- Creamy Mexican Turkey Soup
- Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles
Turkey Vegetable Soup
What a wonderful, healthy soup recipe!
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- 6 cups fat free beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrot (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup trimmed fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 whole bay leaves
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat the pot with cooking spray.
Add the celery, onion, garlic and turkey. Cook 5 minutes or until the ground turkey is browned, stirring to crumble. Add the chicken/beef broth and remaining ingredients (except cheese); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Discard the bay leaves.
Ladle 2 cups soup into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon of cheese (if desired)
- Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints per serving: 0 (without cheese)