This Turkey Vegetable Soup is a hearty soup recipe made with ground turkey, added vegetables, tomato, beans and spices.
Turkey Vegetable Soup
I like this soup because it’s pretty hearty with all of the veggies packed into it. The ground turkey adds the protein element to the soup and kidney beans add to the bulk of it. Plus, chili powder and cumin give this Turkey Vegetable Soup nice flavor.
- celery, onion and garlic
- ground turkey breast
- beef or chicken broth
- carrot, green beans and corn
- ground cumin, chili powder and bay leaves
- kidney beans
- canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Monterey Jack cheese
✏️How to make Turkey Vegetable Soup:
*The complete, printable recipe with all ingredients and instructions is at the end of this post.
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat the pot with nonstick spray.
Add the celery, onion, garlic and turkey. Cook for 5 minutes or until the ground turkey is browned, stirring to crumble. Add the chicken/beef broth and remaining ingredients (except cheese); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Discard the bay leaves.
Ladle 2 cups soup into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon of cheese (if desired)
- If you are trying to eat light, this turkey vegetable soup is a great option for you. The cheese added on top is optional, but I do recommend it as it’s only a little and it makes it more delicious.
- Definitely experiment with adding the vegetables you love most to this soup, and if there are ones in the recipe you don’t like? Replace them!
- It you don’t have a Dutch Oven, any big soup pot will do.
★How to Store:
This recipe only makes 6 servings, so you’re not likely to have a lot of leftovers. I’d recommend storing what you do have left in the refrigerator and enjoying it for lunch over the next couple days.
✔️What to serve with Turkey Vegetable Soup:
- For me this could be the entire meal, but that doesn’t always work well for others, so I like to add a hearty salad like my Mixed Green Salad with Oranges, Cranberries and Pecans.
- A warm and crusty loaf of sourdough bread is another great addition.
- For those not watching their weight, a little extra cheese in also nice.
❤️Why I love this recipe:
- This is a great, healthy soup to eat as comfort food on a chilly day and that’s always good.
- I also like eating it for lunch since it’s quite filling. Sometimes I make a pot JUST to eat for lunches.
- This recipe for Turkey Vegetable soup is so easy; 20 minutes to prep and another 20 to cook, and you’re done!
Turkey Soup Recipes:
- Best Turkey Soup Recipe
- Turkey and Stuffing Dumpling Soup
- Next Day Turkey Soup
- Creamy Mexican Turkey Soup
- Turkey Soup with Zucchini Noodles
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Turkey Vegetable Soup
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ pounds 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- 6 cups fat free beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrot (about 2 large)
- ½ cup trimmed fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- ½ cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 whole bay leaves
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat the pot with nonstick spray.
- Add the celery, onion, garlic and turkey. Cook for 5 minutes or until the ground turkey is browned, stirring to crumble. Add the chicken/beef broth and remaining ingredients (except cheese); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Discard the bay leaves.
- Ladle 2 cups soup into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon of cheese (if desired)