Easy Vegetable Soup is an easy, delicious, healthy soup recipe to try.
I’ve been on a mission to make soup once a week– every single week– this winter! This week I made a very easy vegetable soup- with mostly fresh vegetables inside. There’s a bit of potato in there, so it turns out to be pretty filling. I love eating soup for lunch every day! It’s a nice way to fill yourself up without overindulging in the middle of the day.
How to make Easy Vegetable Soup:
Get out your favorite soup pot. Combine potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and broth. Bring to a boil, and simmer until the potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes). Next, add diced tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, peas, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 more minutes, and the soup will be ready to serve. So easy!
Top Easy Vegetable Soup with a little Parmesan cheese, and it’s just perfect. Make a pot at the beginning of the week and you’ll have an easy lunch to eat every single day of the week! If you want to keep things a little lighter (or if you’re dairy free or Vegan), you can leave off the cheese entirely.
They say that soup warms the soul, and I’d say they’re right. This Easy Vegetable Soup feels like a nice treat on an especially cold day. And you can feel good about getting a generous dose of vegetables as well. Enjoy!
Here are a few more vegetable soup recipes you might enjoy:
- Italian Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup
- Autumn Vegetable Soup
- Quinoa Vegetable Soup
- Tuscan Vegetable Soup
- Simple Lentil Vegetable Soup
- Turkey Vegetable Soup
Easy Vegetable Soup
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth (use veg broth for Vegetarian)
- One 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1½ cups chopped fresh green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large soup pot, combine the potatoes, onion, carrots, celery and broth over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the potatoes are just tender- about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, peas, oregano, salt and pepper. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender- about 10 minutes longer. Remove the pot from heat. Top individual servings with 1 tablespoon fresh basil and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of chicken broth that is known to be GF.