Terrific flavor in this salad recipe: Mixed Green Salad with Oranges, Cranberries and Pecans
Mixed Green Salad with Oranges, Dried Cranberries and Pecans
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 3 medium oranges, peel and white pith removed, segmented
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Bring 1 cup orange juice to simmer in heavy small saucepan. Remove from heat. Mix in dried cranberries. Let stand until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain well; discard soaking juice.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, orange peel and remaining 3 Tablespoons orange juice in small bowl to blend. Mix in cranberries. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving).
- Place greens in large bowl. Toss with 2/3 of the dressing. Divide greens among 6 plates. Add orange segments to bowl; toss with remaining dressing. Top salads with orange segments and pecans