This Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is the perfect, light side dish to a heavy Mexican food meal.
I find it tough to locate Mexican-style side dishes that aren’t starchy (rice), heavy (beans), or fattening (quesadillas.) Since many Mexican main dishes tend to be starchy, heavy and fattening themselves, it’s refreshing to have something light to serve alongside. A salad is the perfect choice!
What are the ingredients for this Mexican Chopped Salad?
This salad is smack-full of good stuff like black beans, tomato, jicama, corn, radishes, avocado, red bells and reduced-fat feta cheese. You could certainly sub Cotija (Mexican) cheese for the feta if you’d like, but it will be higher in fat. All of these ingredients are combined with chopped Romaine lettuce.
Honey- Lime Dressing:
This is the wonderful salad dressing that is used for this Mexican Chopped Salad. It’s homemade, and it’s quick and easy to make. Oh, and it’s simple too! You’ll combine freshly squeezed lime juice with olive oil, honey, fresh cilantro, minced garlic and jalapeno. It’s the perfect pairing for a Mexican salad.
This vegetarian salad is tossed with the dressing. The dressing will coat it lightly. It’s packed with flavor and crunch. You won’t miss that there isn’t any meat in it! Though you could always add some chopped steak or chicken, if you’d like to make it a main-dish salad.
Let me know if you try it. Enjoy!
Here are a few more salad recipes you might like to try:
- Grilled Steak Chopped Summer Salad
- Chopped Vegetable Salad with Feta and Olives
- Black Bean Taco Salad
- Steak Fajita Pasta Salad
- Layered Nacho Salad
- Quesadilla Cobb Salad
- Chopped Chef Salad
- Southwest Spinach Salad
- Easy Gourmet Salad
Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
A great chopped salad with a Mexican twist.
- 2 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- One 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup peeled and chopped jicama
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (or use canned or frozen)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese
HONEY- LIME DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh jalapeno
Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
PREPARE THE DRESSING:
In separate bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over mixture and toss again. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints per serving (recipe divided into 4 servings)