This Black Bean Taco Salad is tossed with the most delicious homemade lime vinaigrette.
Black Bean Taco Salad:
If you’re looking for a good, filling salad that is pretty light too… then you’ll want to try this Black Bean Taco Salad. Beans in a salad always help you feel full, and this one has added roasted chicken to make it feel more like a main dish salad. Iceberg lettuce is the lettuce of choice in this salad, and it’s often the type of lettuce you see most in tacos salad recipes. The nutritional value is low, but the crunch is wonderful. Tomato, green bell pepper and red onion are the other vegetables added to this Black Bean Taco Salad. Shredded cheese and baked tortilla chips make it complete.
If you really love all things Mexican food (raising my hand high here!), you might like to try my (non-traditional) Easy Beef Enchiladas. I love them because they have added zucchini in the recipe, which freaks a lot of people out since that’s not the way you normally make enchiladas! My Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls are a family favorite around here for dinner too.
Is this Black Bean Taco Salad Weight Watchers Friendly?
It certainly is! If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers program, this salad is a good one to try. For two cups of Black Bean Taco Salad, you will need to count 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints. If you add 1 cup of baked tortilla chips as a garnish, you’ll need to up the points to 7. I like having this one on the WW program because it’s a good, filling salad. And it feels like you’re eating normally instead of feeling like you’re on a diet. I usually skip the chips to save points.
FYI: my husband is never on a diet, but he’s happy when I whip up this Black Bean Taco Salad for lunch or a light dinner. It’s good!
What other ingredients can I add to this salad?
Avocado and sour cream would be delicious additions to this Black Bean Taco Salad. Kidney beans and black olives are good taco salad ingredients too. Not watching your calories? Crushed nacho cheese tortilla chips are also a delicious addition!
If you’re looking for a salad bowl set, I really love this Cherry Wood Salad Serving Set— it comes with a large serving bowl, salad servers and four individual serving bowls. If you prefer a glass set, this Wavy Salad Bowl Set is super cute (but it does not include the servers).
Here are some more Mexican-themed salad recipes you might enjoy:
- Layered Nacho Salad
- Southwest Salad with Avocado Dressing
- Chopped Mexican Kale Salad
- Tex Mex Layered Salad
- Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
If you are a big fan of tacos, you might also like to try my Mom’s Taco Recipe or this Easy Taco Soup. Easy Taco Casserole, How to Make Walking Tacos and Skillet Taco Cobbler are excellent taco-themed recipes too!
Black Bean Taco Salad
Nice, light Mexican-style salad recipe...
- 1/4 cup seeded & chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 cups (4 ounces) fat-free baked tortilla chips
PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE:
Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
PREPARE THE SALAD:
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and remaining ingredients except chips in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve with chips.
- WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS per serving of 2 cups salad + 1 cup chips: 7 (4 points per serving if you skip the chips)