Here’s a delicious salad recipe that is perfect for sharing with a large group of people: Layered Nacho Salad
Remember the 7-layer Mexican dip? Well, this is the salad version. Layers of lettuce, chicken, tortilla chips, black beans, green onions, guacamole, salsa, bell pepper and cheese fill up a large glass bowl. This is a great salad to bring to a potluck party or backyard barbecue. It’s just so pretty and colorful and delicious. Everyone is always impressed with this one.
It’s all super pretty served in a glass bowl- like it’s on display for your guests, and everyone gets a sneak peek at what’s in the salad. if you don’t have a glass bowl, just use any bowl you have. It won’t be quite as visually pretty, but it will be delicious all the same.
I recommend serving this salad with my homemade Buttermilk Salad Dressing. Just let your guests scoop out the salad and drizzle the dressing on top of individual servings. Or use your favorite salad dressing. An avocado-based salad dressing would be delicious too.
Favorite Salad Recipes
- Southwest Chicken Salad with Avocado Dressing
- Caesar Salad with Pancetta and Roasted Tomatoes
- Chinese Chop Salad
- Southwest Spinach Salad
Layered Nacho Salad
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1⅓ cups (or more) bottled thick and chunky salsa (mild or medium- hot), divided
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ lime lime, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 3 cups lightly crushed tortilla chips or nacho cheese tortilla chips
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ribs green onions, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- buttermilk salad dressing, bottled or homemade
- Place avocados in a medium bowl. Add ⅓ cup salsa and sour cream; mash to chunky guacamole consistency. Season with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- In a large glass bowl, layer half of lettuce, chicken, chips, beans, green onions, bell pepper and cheese. Top with all of the guacamole and all of the remaining salsa. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
- Let guests scoop up their own salad and drizzle buttermilk salad dressing on top of individual servings.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just be sure to use a brand of tortilla chips that is designated as GF, and use your favorite GF salad dressing.
- This salad may be prepared up to 2 hours ahead (no more than that or the chips and guac will get icky), just cover and chill.