Quesadilla Cobb Salad is a lovely Weight Watchers- friendly salad recipe. Watch the short video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post to print out the complete recipe so you can make it at home.
It’s time to lighten things up around here. That means getting rid of those extra, unwanted winter pounds that crept on during the endlessly snowy winter we had in my part of the world. Perhaps you have some bulges you’d like to smooth out too? Summer will be coming, so more Weight Watchers- friendly recipes and lighter food products in general are going to help make that happen.
I chose to use the Flatout Flatbread Light for today’s salad recipe. I tend to watch my carbs, so I was happy to find that this variety has half the carbs than the original.
Since spring is best known for cleaning out anything and everything, it’s time to clean out the fridge and use those leftovers to make a lightened-up Quesadilla Cobb Salad. You’ll need chopped lettuce, tomato, avocado, chopped chicken, one slice of bacon and a hard boiled egg. For the quesadilla part of the salad, you’ll need Flatout Light and a bit of reduced-fat shredded cheese.
The salad itself is quite hearty with plenty of protein and veggies to keep you feeling full.
The Flatout quesadilla bites add a small measure of indulgence, acting as cheesy “croutons” to an already substantial and satisfying salad.
The dressing is a very simple homemade strawberry- balsamic vinaigrette. The WW Points for this meal are included at the top of this post. I eat salad almost every day for lunch, and this is one of my new, lighter go-to meals.
Here are a few other recipes made with Flatout Flatbread you might enjoy:
- Skinny Taco Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Crunchy BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Wraps
- Copycat Starbucks Egg White Wrap
- BLT Flatbreads
- Have You Tried Flatout Flatbread?
Quesadilla Cobb Salad
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar free strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) chopped roasted or grilled chicken breast
- 1 slice cooked center cut bacon
- 1/2 large hard-boiled egg
- 1/4 small fresh avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Flatout Light Flatbread Wrap, Low Fat Original (sliced in half)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat shredded Mexican Blend cheese
PREPARE THE DRESSING:
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- In a medium salad bowl, sprinkle in the lettuce. Arrange the chicken, bacon, egg, avocado and tomato on top.
MAKE THE QUESADILLA:
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray and heat to medium. Place one piece of the flatbread in the skillet and sprinkle cheese on top. Top with the other piece of flatbread. Heat until cheese is melted and flatbread is toasted. Flip and toast the other side. Remove to a cutting board and slice into small wedges.
- Drizzle the salad dressing onto the salad and garnish with quesadilla wedges.
This salad looks so yummy! I’m craving salad now.
I love everything about this yummy salad! Definitely making it for lunch this week!
Thanks for sharing my spinach feta egg white wrap! Can’t wait to try this yummy salad!