Here’s an easy recipe that will satisfy both your pizza and Mexican food cravings: Skinny Taco Pizza – and it’s Weight Watchers friendly! Watch the video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home.
This isn’t pizza. And it isn’t a taco. It’s the most delicious blend of both. It’s a flatbread-type pizza with taco toppings. What a great, lighter dinner!
What ingredients will you need for Skinny Taco Pizza?
I use the Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crust for this recipe. It’s just 120 calories. You can find the Flatout products in the USA in your deli area or bread section. Besides that, you’ll need turkey taco meat (follow the recipe), fat free refried beans, reduced fat cheese, tomato, lettuce and light sour cream.
How do you make Skinny Taco Pizza?
The recipe begins by baking the pizza crust to get it a little bit crispy.
Refried beans, spiced-up ground turkey and cheese are piled on top. Then it goes back into the oven to warm everything up.
In true taco fashion, the pizza is topped with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
Sliced into pieces, it’s perfect for picking up and eating just like regular pizza.
This recipe serves two people, and it’s super filling and satisfying. If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below. My husband and son devoured my Skinny Taco Pizza samples. And just for the record: neither of them are watching their calories and they thought this recipe was a perfectly delicious meal!
Here are a few more pizza recipes you might enjoy:
- Cauliflower Crust Hawaiian Pizza
- Sausage and Scrambled Egg Pizza
- Low Carb Cloud Bread Pizza
- Zucchini Crust Pizza
- French Bread Pizza
- Meat Lover’s Breakfast Pizza
Skinny Taco Pizza
- 1 Flatout Flatbread Pizza Crust Rustic white artisan thin
- 6 ounces uncooked 99% fat free ground turkey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped mild green chiles
- ½ cup fat free refried beans
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
- ½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place rack in the center of the oven.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray. Sauté turkey until cooked. Add water, taco seasoning and chiles. Stir to combine. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Place the Flatout pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spray with nonstick spray. Bake 3 minutes. Spray the other side and bake 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread refried beans on top. Sprinkle seasoned taco meat on top of the beans. Then sprinkle cheese evenly on top of it all. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, until heated through and cheese in melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and slide onto a cutting board. Top with lettuce and tomato, and drizzle sour cream on top. Use a pizza cutter to cut into slices. Use any extra sour cream on individual slices.
- For WW points, one serving is one half of the pizza.
- Tip: I put the sour cream in a baggie and snip the corner to use for easy drizzling.