Here’s an easy recipe that will satisfy both your pizza and Mexican food cravings: Skinny Taco Pizza – and it’s Weight Watchers friendly! Watch the video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home.
I’ve been hitting the gym and lightening up on my food intake for a couple of months now. With summer looming closely ahead, I’ve been focused on choosing products at the store that are helping me to limit my calories. Summer will be here in just a few days, so making more Weight Watchers- friendly recipes are going to help me feel more comfortable in a swimsuit!
What ingredients will you need for Skinny Taco Pizza?
I use the Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crust for this recipe. It has 4 Weight Watchers Smartpoints and is just 120 calories. Besides that, you’ll need turkey taco meat (follow the recipe), fat free refried beans, reduced fat cheese, tomato, lettuce and light sour cream.
How do you make Skinny Taco Pizza?
The recipe begins by baking the pizza crust to get it a little bit crispy.
Refried beans, spiced-up ground turkey and cheese are piled on top. Then it goes back into the oven to warm everything up.
In true taco fashion, the pizza is topped with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
Sliced into pieces, it’s perfect for picking up and eating just like regular pizza.
This recipe serves two people, and it’s super filling and satisfying. If you are counting WW Points, the point totals are included at the top of this post. My husband and son devoured my Skinny Taco Pizza samples. And just for the record: neither of them are watching their calories and they thought this recipe was a perfectly delicious meal!
Here are a few more pizza recipes you might enjoy:
- Cauliflower Crust Hawaiian Pizza
- Sausage and Scrambled Egg Pizza
- Low Carb Cloud Bread Pizza
- Zucchini Crust Pizza
- French Bread Pizza
- Meat Lover’s Breakfast Pizza
Skinny Taco Pizza
- 1 Flatout Flatbread Pizza Crust Rustic white artisan thin
- 6 ounces uncooked 99% fat free ground turkey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped mild green chiles
- 1/2 cup fat free refried beans
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F- rack should be in the middle.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray. Saute turkey until cooked. Add water, taco seasoning and chiles. Stir to combine. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Place the Flatout pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spray with nonstick spray. Bake 3 minutes. Spray the other side and bake 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread refried beans on top. Sprinkle seasoned taco meat on top of the beans. Then sprinkle cheese evenly on top of it all. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, until heated through and cheese in melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and slide onto a cutting board. Top with lettuce and tomato, and drizzle sour cream on top. Use a pizza cutter to cut into slices. Use any extra sour cream on individual slices.
- For WW points, one serving is one half of the pizza.
- Tip: I put the sour cream in a baggie and snip the corner to use for easy drizzling.