These Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins are a really delicious muffin recipe.
I first made these one summer while vacationing in Massachusetts. Toward the end of July, the blueberries there are some of the best you’ll taste… plump and juicy. They’re perfect for baking. These Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins remain to be one of my favorite muffin recipes. The whole wheat flour adds a bit of healthy to the mix, and they’re substantially filling and satisfying.
These are best with beautiful, ripe, fresh summer blueberries!
Grab the best fresh blueberries you can find, and make these muffins. Enjoy!
Here are a few more muffin recipes you might like to try:
- Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
- Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
- Orange Mini Muffins
- Blueberry Cinnamon Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins
- Brown Sugar Banana Muffins
- Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
- Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 6 bananas)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two muffin tins with nonstick spray (or use cupcake wrappers).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the bananas, honey, oil and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients -mixing only until the ingredients are combined. A good muffin batter should be lumpy.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Fill each muffin cup at least 3/4 full. These muffins do not rise very much.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Test with a knife by poking into the middle of a muffin. The point should come out clean when the muffins are done.
Loved this recipe and these were a big hit with friends! Can you suggest variations so that it doesn’t use a whole cup of both honey and oil?