Great combo of toasted pine nuts, roasted bell pepper and salty cheese: Pine Nut and Feta Cheese Dip
All of my favorite things combined into one dip. I love that this dip is lower in fat, which makes it a good choice for me to have around when I’m counting my calories.
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Pine Nut and Feta Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (or roasted red pepper)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese (easiest to buy it already crumbled)
- 1 small clove of minced garlic
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetables, for dunking
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pine nuts, pepper and parsley.
- Stir in the feta, garlic and yogurt into the bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with assorted veggies.
- If you can find the reduced-fat feta cheese, the Weight Watchers SmartPoints are reduced to 2 per serving.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 2 Tablespoons) Calories: 62, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Sugar: 1.07g, Fiber: .4g, Protein: 4g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Carbohydrates: 3.4g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 3, Points Plus Program: 3, Old Points Program: 2