This Pine Nut and Feta Cheese Dip is a great combination of toasted pine nuts, roasted bell pepper and salty cheese.
All of my favorite things are combined into this one dip. I love that this Pine Nut and Feta Cheese Dip is lower in fat, which makes it a good choice to have around when you are counting your calories. It’s always nice to have dips like this one on hand for serving at parties. People appreciate a healthier option, for sure.
Pine nuts can be expensive. I usually splurge for buying a big bag of them at Costco. I store them in the freezer, where they will keep for a much longer time than storing them at room temperature in your pantry. Then you can just take them out to use them as you need them.
How do you toast pine nuts?
To quickly toast the pine nuts, just put them in a small fry pan over medium heat. Watch them closely, and use a wooden spoon to move them around until they are lightly toasted. Be careful- they’ll burn if you don’t tend to them! Pour them onto a paper towel to cool before adding them to your recipe. Toast extra pine nuts to use in my Avocado Pine Nut Salad!
Serve this Pine Nut and Feta Cheese Dip with fresh vegetables and/or crackers. It would be a nice dip to add to a charcuterie board. Enjoy!
Pine Nut and Feta Cheese Dip
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper (or roasted red pepper)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese (easiest to buy it already crumbled)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetables, for dipping
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pine nuts, pepper and parsley.
- Stir in the feta, garlic and yogurt into the bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with assorted veggies.