Here’s a breakfast recipe to try: Sour Cream and Ham Omelette
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Sour Cream and Ham Omelette
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large egg whites, beaten until stiff
- 1 cup finely diced cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored; beat in half the sour cream and the salt. Fold in the egg whites.
- Heat butter in 10-inch, oven-safe skillet; pour in omelette mixture, leveling gently. Sprinkle the ham on top. Cook over low heat until lightly browned on the bottom (about 5 minutes).
- Finish cooking in preheated oven until top is golden brown (about 12 minutes).
- Divide the omelette in half and slide onto two plates- garnish with the rest of the sour cream.
*If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of ham that is known to be GF.