I love this recipe for Udon Noodles with Asian Vegetables because it’s a pasta dish (my favorite), and it’s full of fresh vegetables too. I feel like I’m getting a healthy meal all in one dish!
Yield: 4 servings (2 cups per serving)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Udon Noodles with Asian Vegetables
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked udon noodles (thick, round fresh Japanese wheat noodles) or spaghetti
- 4 cups sliced bok choy (about 2 bunches)
- 2 cups snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Set aside.
- Cook noodles in boiling water 8 minutes. Drain well. Combine noodles, peanut sauce, bok choy, snow peas, and carrot in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
- To prepare this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, sub in GF pasta for the Udon noodles- and make sure the following ingredients that you have in your pantry are designated as GF: soy sauce and chili garlic sauce.
- When cooking for kids, leave out what you know they'll be frowning upon and substitute their favorite veggies in there instead.
- Chile paste with garlic and udon noodles can be found with other ethnic foods in your local market or Asian market.
- The chili garlic sauce can be omitted if you prefer a not-so-hot sauce.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 2 cups) : Calories: 412, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sugar: 16g, Fiber: 6.67g, Protein: 15g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrates: 69g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 10, PointsPlus: 11, Old Points Program: 10
Tortellini, Peas and Asparagus with Creamy Tarragon Sauce Next Post »
Grilled Halibut with Lemon Caper Vinaigrette