Here’s a great way to jazz up an otherwise unimpressive piece of fish: Tilapia with Olive Mushroom and Tomato Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Tilapia with Olive, Mushroom and Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 16 pimiento-stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring sauce to boiling.
- Gently place fish in sauce in skillet, spooning sauce over fish. Return to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. With a wide spatula, lift fish from skillet to a serving dish. Spoon sauce over fish.
- Serve with rice and/or crusty bread slices.
- Nutritional Information per serving: (serving size: 6 ounces of fish + topping) Calories: 335, Fat: 16.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.41g, Sugar: 1g, Fiber: 3.5g, Protein: 35g, Cholesterol: 102mg, Carbohydrates: 12g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 4, PointsPlus: 8, Old Points Program: 9
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (adapted slightly from Better Homes and Gardens)