In this Tilapia and Summer Vegetable Grill Packets recipe, tilapia filets are topped with veggies and wrapped into foil packets for grilling.
I love making foil packet dinners on the grill in the summertime because it’s an easy way to cook your protein and vegetables all at the same time. These tilapia and summer vegetable foil packets are a fresh and healthy dinner. They are simply flavored with lemon, oregano, salt and pepper. The capers are a nice addition. And black olives are a delicious addition too, but they are totally optional.
- summer squash
- grape tomatoes
- red onion
- green beans
- lemon juice
- fresh oregano
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- tilapia fillets
- sliced black olives (optional)
How to make Tilapia and Summer Vegetable Grill Packets:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
To serve, carefully open both ends of the packets and allow the steam to escape.
Use a spatula to slide the contents onto plates. Enjoy!
Change up the recipe!
The nice thing about making these in individual grilling packets is that each family member can put what they’d like into each packet. Try adding other vegetables like zucchini, asparagus, bell pepper, broccoli, etc. Also, other mild, white fish such as halibut, grouper or cod may be substituted for the tilapia.
The Best Recipes for Grill Packets:
- Grilled Shrimp Packets
- Mediterranean Shrimp Foil Packets
- Caprese Chicken Foil Packets
- Hobo Foil Packets
- Grilled New England Seafood Packets
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Tilapia and Summer Vegetable Grill Packets
- 1½ cups sliced summer squash
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 whole green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 4 equal portions
- 1 teaspoon capers
- ¼ cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, tomatoes, red onion, green beans, lemon juice, oregano, oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- To make a packet, lay two 20x12-inch sheets of foil on top of each other (double layers will protect contents of the packet from burning). Spray the top of the foil with nonstick spray. Place one portion of tilapia in the center of the foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; then top with about ¾ cup of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle a few capers on top and olives too, if using.
- Bring the short ends of the foil together and seal, leaving enough room for steam to gather and cook the food. Pinch the seams together along the sides too. Repeat with the remaining foil, fish and vegetables.
- Grill the packets until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 10 minutes total. To serve, carefully open both ends of the packets and allow the steam to escape. Use a spatula to slide the contents onto plates.
- The nice thing about making these in individual grilling packets is that each family member can put what they'd like into each packet. Try adding other vegetables like zucchini, asparagus, bell pepper, broccoli, etc.
- Other mild, white fish may be substituted for the tilapia.