Grilled New England Seafood Foil Packets are a delicious treat for dinner in the summer.
The simplicity of this recipe should appeal to just about everybody. All of the ingredients are placed into hobo packets (foil-sealed packets). It’s an all-in-one dinner, with your protein, carb side and veggie, and it’s all done on the grill. You kind of get a little bit of everything with this meal. It’s delicious!
- heavy duty foil
- red potatoes
- corn on the cob
- garlic, salt/pepper
How to make Grilled New England Seafood Foil Packets:
On a big square of foil, you’ll simply layer potato, cod, shrimp, salt and pepper and corn on the cob on the side. A dollop of butter/dill/garlic is then placed on top with a couple of lemon slices. Then you’ll wrap up the packets and seal them tightly.
They will grill for 12 to 14 minutes, and if you move them around a bit while grilling then that will ensure that they are all cooked evenly.
When you open up the foil packets, your New England seafood will be all cooked and ready to eat. The potatoes and corn will be tender. And that garlic-dill butter and the lemon slices will have properly imparted their flavors onto everything in the packet.
If you’re feeling lazy (or rustic), you can simply serve the packets on a plate and let everyone open up their own packet and eat from there.
Alternately, you can move the contents of the Grilled New England Seafood Foil Packets meal to a plate and add a little salad or some steamed green beans to make it an even more complete meal. I suggest you serve French bread because there will be some juices from the packet that will be good for soaking up the bread. This is a nice, light summer dish… nothing fancy… no amazing sauce or anything like that… just good food with a light buttery-dill flavor. Enjoy!
Here are a few more grilled seafood recipes you might like to try:
- Grilled Jumbo Shrimp Drizzled with Lemon Chipotle Butter
- Grilled Swordfish Steaks with Avocado Mayonnaise
- Honey Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Salmon with Spinach and Yogurt Dill Sauce
- Grilled Snapper with Orange-Almond Sauce
- Easy Grilled Scallops
- Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple Peach Salsa
- Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter
Grilled New England Seafood Foil Packets
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces red potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 16 ounces skinless cod fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 ears corn on the cob, each cut into four pieces
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, dill, and garlic; season with salt and pepper & set aside.
- Fold four 14-inch squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half, forming 4 rectangles. On one half of each of the four rectangles, arrange potatoes in a single layer, then top with cod, then shrimp. Place 2 pieces of the corn on the side. Season with salt and pepper. Add a dollop of the butter mixture and two lemon slices. Fold foil over ingredients, and crimp the edges tightly to seal.
- Place the packets on the grill, with the potato layer on the bottom. Cook, rotating (but not flipping) packets occasionally, until the fish is just cooked through and the potatoes are tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Carefully remove the packets from the grill. Slit the packets open and transfer the contents of each packet to a plate. Garnish with dill sprigs.
- Serve with some good bread to soak up all of the juices.