Grilled Jumbo Shrimp Drizzled with Lemon Chipotle Butter is a droolworthy recipe for shrimp lovers.
If you have access to good shrimp, this is a recipe to try. The marinade has a little spice to it, and then there’s a wonderful, flavorful spicy butter to drizzle on top after grilling. This is a shrimp recipe with some good flavor and a Cajun flair!
How to make Grilled Jumbo Shrimp:
You’ll begin by buying shrimp that has been de-veined, but you’ll keep the shells on. You should be able to buy them at your seafood market this way. Then you’ll add the shrimp to a bowl and pour the marinade over and toss. The marinade is made from olive oil, Cajun seasoning, lemon and fresh cilantro. The shrimp will marinate in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 hours.
How to make Lemon- Chipotle Butter:
The lemon chipotle butter is a mix of melted butter, chipotle chiles, lemon, garlic and salt/pepper. It’s so good!
Why do you grill shrimp with the shells on?
This Grilled Jumbo Shrimp is grilled with the shells on! That’s probably not very traditional for you, but it’s done for a reason. Grilling them in the shells will keep the shrimp meat moist, and the shells impart extra flavor onto the shrimp. They’ll still soak up that marinade, even with the shells on.
When grilled, the shrimp will curl up just like they do when you are cooking shrimp without any shells on. After grilling, the shells slip off easily, so you can move the shelled shrimp to a serving platter.
On the serving platter, you’ll drizzle the Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with the lemon chipotle butter.
As far as how to serve this shrimp, we went with a fresh corn salad. It’s also good if you add some steamed rice or french bread since you will have all of that delicious lemon chipotle butter to use up. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes using shrimp that you might like to try:
- Pasta with Shrimp and Feta
- Coconut Curry Stir Fried Shrimp
- Creamy Gruyere and Shrimp Pasta
- Grilled Marinated Shrimp
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil
- Mediterranean Shrimp Foil Packets
- Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp and Broccoli
- Garlic Lime Shrimp
Grilled Jumbo Shrimp drizzled with Lemon Chipotle Butter
- 20 extra-large shrimp, deveined but with shells on
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cajun seasoning
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
LEMON- CHIPOTLE BUTTER:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons canned chipotle chile paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 medium lemons, zested and juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
PREPARE THE SHRIMP:
- Put shrimp (with the shells) in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, cajun seasoning, lemon and cilantro. Pour this mixture over the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat the grill or broiler to medium-high heat. Drain the shrimp, but reserve the marinade. Grill the shrimp with the shells on. The shells keep the shrimp moist and add a whole new realm of flavor to the shrimp. This should take 8 to 10 minutes. Baste with the reserved marinade repeatedly while cooking. Before serving, slip the shells off.
PREPARE THE LEMON- CHIPOTLE BUTTER:
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, chipotle chile, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and season with salt and pepper as needed. Use this mixture to drizzle on top of the cooked shrimp.