This recipe for Tilapia with Olive Mushroom and Tomato Sauce is a great way to jazz up an otherwise unimpressive piece of fish.
Here are a few more recipes for tilapia that you might like to try:
- Tilapia and Summer Vegetable Grill Packets
- Easy Tilapia Piccata
- Lemon Butter Baked Tilapia
- Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream
Tilapia with Olive Mushroom and Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 16 large pimiento-stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano (or ½ teaspoon dried, crushed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Four 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook until the onion is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to boiling.
- Gently place the fish in the sauce in the skillet, spooning the sauce over the fish. Return to boiling. Reduce the heat; simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. With a wide spatula, lift the fish from the skillet and move it to a serving dish. Spoon the sauce over the fish.
- Serve the fish with the rice and/or crusty bread slices.