This Garlic Lime Shrimp recipe is quite unique, and very good. For a hungry family of 4, you may wish to triple the recipe!
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Garlic Lime Shrimp
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 10 large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Mix in next 6 ingredients. Sauté 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté until opaque in center, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve on its own or over rice.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, leave out the worcestershire sauce and add in GF soy sauce, if you'd like.