A RecipeGirl household favorite for many, many years now… This recipe is gluten-free adaptable– please see notes below the recipe.
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic. Stir fry 3 minutes or until chicken turns white. Add remaining oil, pepper, snow peas, cashews, and green onion. Stir fry 1 minute.
- In small bowl, stir chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring. Boil 1 minute, or until mixture thickens a bit.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.