A quick and easy Veal Saltimbocca recipe:
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cutlets of veal, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 slices prosciutto ham, thinly sliced
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- poultry seasoning to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- Mix salt and flour in a wide flat bowl. Dip veal cutlets to coat and sauté in butter until lightly browned. Add wine and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and stir until thickened.
- Cover each cutlet with 1 slice of ham and cheese. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Place under broiler until cheese melts. Baste veal with sauce and return to broiler for about one more minute.
- Top with parsley and serve at once.