This is an excellent, lighter dinner recipe: Sauteed Chicken with Cherries
Yield: 4 servings (1 thigh + 1/4 cup sauce)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Sauteed Chicken with Cherries
- Four boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, halved and then thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen, unsweetened pitted dark cherries, halved
- 3 tablespoons cherry or raspberry all-fruit preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, optional
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the chicken, skinned side down, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and scatter the onion around it. Cook, covered, until the onion is softened, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Turn the chicken again; stir in the cherries, preserves and salt. Increase heat and cook, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in vinegar and tarragon (if using).
- Nutritional Information per serving (serving size= 1 thigh + 1/4 cup sauce): calories: 250, fat: 9g, saturated fat: 3g, cholesterol: 71mg, sodium: 136mg, carbohydrates: 17g, fiber: 2g, protein: 25g, calcium: 41mg
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 4, PointsPlus: 6, Old Points Program: 5