This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: 4th of July Recipes
Red, White and Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Nice lower fat option for weight watchers...
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 stick (4 Tablespoons) butter, melted
1 1/2 packages (12 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup 1% milk
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
zest of one lemon
3 large eggs
1 cup fresh raspberries (more or less, as desired)
3/4 cup fresh blueberries (more or less, as desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. In a food processor (or with an electric mixer) blend cream cheese, eggs, milk, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and lemon zest just until smooth. Do not over-beat.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the crumb crust. Scatter raspberries and blueberries on top.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until touch to center feels slightly firm and set.
6. Cool completely before cutting. Use foil to lift cheesecake out of pan and onto a cutting board. Use a thin, sharp knife to cut into clean-looking bars (wiping blade clean with a paper towel between cuts). Refrigerate until ready to serve.Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1 square
Calories per serving: 197
Fat per serving: 11.33g
Saturated Fat per serving: 6.44g
Fiber per serving: .91g
Protein per serving: 4.32g
Cholesterol per serving: 66.97mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 19.26g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 5 Old Points Program: 5