Here’s a simple recipe that is always a big hit at a BBQ: No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Bars
As it turns out, there are very few summer days left in this season. Just a few more weekends to go, and then we’ll be grabbing sweaters in the morning and thinking about putting our patio furniture away. I plan on milking every last drop of sunshine out of it and enjoying our backyard for as long as we can stand it. Eating outdoors is our favorite. And we love having friends over to enjoy it with us. This so simple dessert is a good one to serve at a barbecue where there are plenty of kiddos around. Kids love the Oreos in this dessert, but I think you’ll find that the adults like them too!
You can make this ahead of time- either early in the day or the night before. It just needs time to set a little in your refrigerator before you start cutting into it. This recipe is always a big hit at a party- easy and yummy!
Click below to watch a quick video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post to print out the complete recipe.
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Bars
Prep Time:25 minutes
- 48 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Three 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 1/4 cups 2% or whole milk
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- 30 Oreo cookies, crushed
- In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- In small saucepan, soften the gelatin in water; stir over low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add the milk and the dissolved gelatin gradually. Mix until well combined. Mix in the Cool Whip. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and put in another bowl. Carefully spoon the rest of the filling mixture into the pan on top of the crust. Add the remaining Oreo cookies to the rest of the mixture, spread on top, and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.