This recipe for No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Bars is a simple recipe that is always a big hit at a BBQ or party.
As it turns out, there are very few summer days left in this season. Just a few more weekends to go, and then we’ll be grabbing sweaters in the morning and thinking about putting our patio furniture away. I plan on milking every last drop of sunshine out of it and enjoying our backyard for as long as we can stand it. Eating outdoors is our favorite. And we love having friends over to enjoy it with us.
This “so simple” dessert is a good one to serve at a barbecue where there are plenty of kiddos around. Kids love the Oreos in this dessert, but I think you’ll find that the adults like them too!
These No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Bars start with a classic Oreo cookie crust. The next layer is a creamy cream cheese layer. And crushed Oreo cookies are sprinkled on top. No baking is needed! You can make this ahead of time- either early in the day or the night before. It just needs time to set a little in your refrigerator before you start cutting into it. This recipe is always a big hit at a party- easy and yummy!
About Cool Whip:
If you live in the United States, you’re already familiar with Cool Whip. If you don’t, then you’re probably wondering what it is! Cool Whip is an imitation whipped cream that is easy to use in no-bake desserts because it gives them a fluffy texture. Since this recipe isn’t frozen, you should be able to substitute 3 cups of homemade whipped cream for the Cool Whip. Just fold it in gently instead of using an electric mixer.
Here are a few more OREO-themed recipes you might enjoy:
- Oreo and Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Oreo Brownies
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Oreos
- Mint Brownie Hot Fudge Oreo Trifle
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Oreo Krispies
- Strawberry Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- 48 Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) butter, melted
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin (see recipe NOTES below)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 2¼ cups 2% or whole milk
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- 30 Oreo cookies, crushed
- In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- In small saucepan, soften the gelatin in water; stir over low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add the milk and the dissolved gelatin gradually. Mix until well combined. Mix in the Cool Whip. Remove 1½ cups of the mixture and put in another bowl. Carefully spoon the rest of the filling mixture into the pan on top of the crust. Add the remaining Oreo cookies to the rest of the mixture, spread on top, and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- One envelope of powdered gelatin (about 1/4 ounce) is about 2¼ to 2½ teaspoons.