Another delicious bread recipe: Lemon Blackberry Bread
The lemon- blackberry flavor combo is a good one. And the crumbly topping on this bread is to die for!
Yield: 1 (9-inch) loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Lemon Blackberry Bread
Juicy, flavorful berries in every bite- this is a good one.
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare the topping: Stir together topping ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare bread: In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the sugar and butter. Then mix in the milk and the egg until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the wet mixture just until combined. Gently fold in the blackberries and lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the topping. Bake until topping is deep golden and has formed a thick crust (50 to 60 minutes). Cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Keep an eye on the topping while baking. If it begins to darken/burn, cover with foil for remainder of baking.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Bob's Red Mill)