A fun breakfast idea: French Toast Waffles
Yield: 4 servings (4 waffles per person)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
French Toast Waffles
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- Sixteen 1/2-inch-thick slices day-old French bread (about 7 ounces)
- Combine milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs- stirring well with a whisk. Place bread in a 13x9-inch baking dish; pour milk mixture over bread, turning to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron and then coat with cooking spray (even if it's a nonstick waffle iron).
- Place 4 bread slices on hot waffle iron. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat the procedure with the remaining bread.
- Nutritional Information per serving: Serving size: 4 waffles : Calories 235, Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 3g, Sugar 6.72g, Fiber 1.5g, Protein 9.62g, Cholesterol 115mg, Carbohydrates 32g
- WW POINTS per serving: Points Plus Program: 6 Old Points Program: 5
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Cooking Light)