These Sweet Milk Waffles are one to try for a special weekend breakfast!
Weekends are for special breakfasts like French toast, pancakes and waffles! My family has its favorites (cinnamon roll pancakes, French toast casserole and banana sour cream waffles). But these sweet milk waffles are the perfect classic waffle recipe.
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- granulated white sugar
- canola or vegetable oil
How to make Sweet Milk Waffles:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. You will need a waffle iron for this recipe. I have my favorite waffle iron that you may wish to check out. It can make two full-sized Belgian waffles at the same time.
Preheat your waffle iron. Whisk together the dry ingredients first. Then add in the wet ingredients, and whisk until smooth.
Spray the hot waffle iron with nonstick spray, and pour the batter onto the iron within 1-inch of the sides. Close the iron and let it bake until done. Then lift the lid, wiggle the waffles out of the iron, and move them to a platter. Repeat with the remaining sweet milk waffles batter.
How to keep waffles warm:
The tough part about making waffles is trying to keep them all warm until you want to serve them! If you preheat your oven to 225 degrees F., that will be a good place to store those waffles until you’ve had a chance to cook them all in your waffle iron. Set a baking rack on a rimmed baking sheet. And then you can just place the baked waffles on the rack-lined baking sheet in the warm oven. Placing them on a rack will help them stay crisp and won’t get soft and soggy.
Two squares or wedges of waffles is a good serving size. Top with warm maple syrup, and (I suggest) fresh berries too. Enjoy!
- Make chocolate chip waffles! Drop chocolate chips on top of the batter in the waffle iron. The chips will bake into the waffles, and then you’ll get a little chocolate treat in there!
- Make banana waffles! Drop little chunks of banana on top of the batter in the waffle iron, and bake the banana right into the waffle. You can also top the waffles with slices of banana.
- Trying using an alternative syrup like Blonde Butter Syrup or Brown Sugar Butter Syrup.
Here are a few more waffle recipes you might like to try:
Sweet Milk Waffles
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- ⅓ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the milk, oil and eggs and whisk together until smooth.
- Spray the waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the waffle iron until it spreads within about 1-inch of the edges. Cover and bake until done (on my waffle iron, the light goes off when done).
- Lift the cover, loosen the waffle with a fork and serve immediately.
- These freeze well. Just place each waffle in a zip bag and throw in the freezer until ready to eat. Use the toaster to heat them up again.