This is a simple recipe for the traditional, Sweet Cornbread that everyone loves.
This is it! A simple recipe for that traditional, sweet cornbread that everyone loves.
Servings: 9 servings
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch round pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugars, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool slightly and slice into wedges.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 248kcal, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 435mg, Potassium: 126mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 13g, Vitamin A: 284IU, Calcium: 96mg, Iron: 1mg
THIS was really good! I even left out the brown sugar. Thanks!!
So good and very moist. I will be making again and sharing this recipe. Thank you.
This looks perfectly moist Lori!