This is a simple recipe for the traditional, Sweet Cornbread that everyone loves.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch round pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugars, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool slightly and slice into wedges.