Greek Yogurt Waffles are a delicious waffle recipe adding in some protein to get a good start to the day!
This is a delicious waffle recipe that is easy to make. Adding Greek Yogurt to your diet is a fabulous way to get some extra protein in there. These waffles have a good amount of Greek yogurt added in! Each Greek Yogurt Waffle will give you 21 grams of protein. Since you’re supposed to have a minimum of 50 to 60 grams of protein per day for a healthy diet, these waffles give you a nice jump on that number. Greek yogurt is also a good source of calcium and probiotics.
How to make Greek Yogurt Waffles:
Whisk together the dry ingredients- all purpose flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. The wet ingredients are combined separately- Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract. Then the two are combined to create the Greek Yogurt Waffles batter.
Grab your favorite waffle maker, heat it up, spray it with nonstick spray and spoon the batter into the waffle iron. If you prefer a waffle iron that makes more waffles at one time, try this square-shaped waffle iron.
Waffles usually cook for 3 to 5 minutes in the waffle iron, until they are cooked through, golden and crisp. Pull the waffle out of the iron, and repeat with the remaining batter.
The great thing about waffles is that they are very easy to re-heat. Just put them into the microwave, or pop them in the toaster if you want them more crisp. This recipe feeds about 4 people, unless those people are all really, really hungry for lots of waffles! I suggest serving one waffle per person, and then having a fruit salad (or fresh fruit), plenty of bacon and iced coffee!
Serve Greek Yogurt Waffles with warm maple syrup. I usually put a pat of butter on top as soon as they come out of the waffle iron so the butter has a chance to melt before adding syrup. Enjoy!
If you are looking to add more Greek yogurt to your diet, be sure to try my Greek Yogurt Pancakes or this Greek Yogurt Banana Bread. A blueberry greek yogurt smoothie is one to try if you’re a smoothie lover. And of course, if you haven’t yet tried making 2 Ingredient Bagels using Greek yogurt then you definitely need to get on that!
Greek Yogurt Waffles
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter, maple syrup and fresh fruit, for topping (as desired)
- Pre-heat your waffle iron.Spray the waffle iron lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the waffle iron, and cook until done- usually 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with butter and warm syrup. Use fresh fruit for garnish, if desired.
I used whole meal flour instead of regular flour for added nutrition and coconut sugar instead of brown sugar, to reduce the glycemic index. Really nice and filling! Thank you!
Thank you so much for sharing. I never thought to put greek yogurt in my waffles and it came out so fluffy and good. I will be making it a lot.
Happy to hear!