Here’s a quick and easy salad recipe that incorporates fresh, unique flavors: Basil Lime Fruit Salad
The simple secret ingredient in this basil lime fruit salad recipe is a basil-lime syrup. This is a lovely, fresh fruit salad tossed with a light basil-flavored syrup- which adds a flavor that is very mild. It adds a little something extra to make it much more than just a boring old, ho-hum fruit salad.
What fruit is good in this salad?
- mango or cantaloupe
How to make basil-lime simple syrup:
Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan, and bring it to a boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Then remove the pan from heat and stir in fresh basil and lime zest. Then you can set aside the basil-lime simple syrup to cool. Strain in a fine sieve before using.
Assembling the Basil Lime Fruit Salad:
Chop the fruit and put it into a bowl. Pour the basil lime syrup over the fruit and toss to coat. Serve, and enjoy!
Here are a few more fruit-themed recipes you might like to try:
- Liquored Up Watermelon Fruit Bowl
- Fresh Fruit Pizza with Lemon Curd
- DIY Fruit Snacks
- Fruit Salad with Lime Syrup
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Cups
- Fruit Salsa
Basil Lime Fruit Salad
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 4 cups cubed pineapple
- 3 cups quartered strawberries
- 2 cups peeled and cubed mango or cantaloupe
- 5 large kiwi, peeled, halved and sliced
PREPARE THE SYRUP:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in the basil and lime zest. Cool. Strain the sugar mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard the solids and keep the syrup (chill until ready to use).
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- When ready to serve, combine the fruit in a large bowl. Drizzle with the chilled syrup and toss gently.
- Make ahead- cut all of the fruit and keep separate from the prepared syrup. Toss just before ready to serve.