Here’s a quick and easy salad recipe that incorporates fresh, unique flavors: Basil Lime Fruit Salad
The simple secret ingredient in this recipe is a basil-lime syrup- which adds a flavor that is very mild. It adds a little something extra to make it much more than just a boring old, ho-hum fruit salad.
Basil Lime Fruit Salad
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:5 minutes
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 4 cups cubed pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 3 cups quartered strawberries (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cubed peeled mango (about 2 large) or cubed cantaloupe
- 5 large kiwi, peeled, halved lengthwise, & sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Prepare syrup: Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in basil and rind. Cool. Strain sugar mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids & keep syrup (chill until ready to use).
- When ready to serve, combine fruit in a large bowl. Drizzle with syrup and toss gently.
- Make ahead- cut all fruit and keep separate from prepared syrup. Toss just before ready to serve.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 3/4 cup): Calories: 136, Fat: .5g, Saturated Fat: .04g, Sugar: 29.6g, Fiber: 3.13g, Protein: 1.23g, Carbohydrates: 35g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 2, PointsPlus: 3 Old Program: 3.5