A lovely dessert recipe using fresh fruit: Fresh Fruit Pizza with Lemon Curd
The lemon curd on this dessert pizza gives this an extra punch of flavor and pizzazz. Everyone loves a dessert pizza!
Fresh Fruit Pizza with Lemon Curd
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 to 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, melted
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 to 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 to 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 medium plum, sliced
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- Prepare lemon curd: Combine sugar, zest and eggs in a saucepan over low to medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Stir in lemon juice and butter. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the mixture thinly coats the back of a spoon. Stir constantly with whisk while cooking. Cool mixture. Cover and chill. The curd will thicken as it cools.
- Prepare pizza: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press dough into 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Preheat broiler. Spread melted jam over crust. Spread lemon curd over jam. Arrange fruits on top. Sprinkle sugar over fruit. Broil 3 minutes.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
- They sell wonderful lemon curd already prepared in a jar. Check your local market or specialty food shop.
- If you don't intend to serve this dessert immediately, be sure to refrigerate it until ready to slice and serve.