Fruit Salad with Lime Syrup is a simple fruit salad recipe with wonderful flavor mixed in.
This salad is perfect for summer. You can serve it as a light side to dinner. Or you can serve it with a special breakfast or brunch on the weekend when you’re gathering with family or friends. Fruit Salad with Lime Syrup is a nice mix of your favorite fruits and it’s tossed with a simple, sweetened lime syrup and freshly grated lime zest. It’s fresh and delicious!
What fruits are included in Fruit Salad with Lime Syrup?
- honeydew melon
How to make Lime Syrup for Fruit Salad:
It simple to make the lime syrup, and you can make it well-ahead of serving so it’s nice and cold when it’s time to toss with the fruit. You’ll simmer lime juice, water and sugar in a small saucepan until slightly thickened. Then you’ll pull it off the heat and let it cool. The syrup is chilled in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Melon is wonderful for fruit salad, so I’d definitely include all kinds of melon that you enjoy. An alternate way to serve the melon in this salad is to use a melon baller and serve “balls” of melon instead of chunks. You can use peaches in place of nectarines. Try adding red grapes or sliced plums. And it’s okay to leave out the grapefruit if you don’t want it.
Make ahead tips:
Fruit Salad with Lime Syrup is a great recipe to make ahead! If you’re serving the same day, just prepare, cover with plastic wrap and chill. If you want to prepare it to serve the next day, cut all of the fruit and then wrap that and refrigerate. Toss with the chilled syrup the following day.
You can have plain ‘ol fruit salad any day of the week, so try this version with its special syrup for a little variation. Enjoy!
Here are a few more fruit-themed recipes you might like to try:
- Liquored-Up Watermelon Fruit Bowl
- Fruity Vodka Spritzers
- Fresh Fruit Pizza with Lemon Curd
- Fruity Curry Chicken Salad
- Frozen Fruit Smoothie Bowl
- Basil Lime Fruit Salad
- Mini Fruit Tarts
- Fruit Salsa
Fruit Salad with Lime Syrup
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 mini watermelon, cut into cubes
- 2 medium nectarines, cut into wedges (skin on or off)
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe, skin off and cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium honeydew melon, skin off and cut into chunks
- 12 ounces pink grapefruit sections (from a jar), optional
- grated zest of 1 lime
PREPARE THE SYRUP:
- In a small saucepan, combine the lime juice, water and sugar; mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Let stand until cool. The syrup may be prepared up to 1 week in advance.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- In a large bowl, combine all fruit and lime zest. Add the syrup and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.