This Chicken with Lime Butter is one of my favorite dinner recipes of all time. Chicken breasts are simply sauteed and topped with the most delicious and tangy, buttery sauce.
A great chicken recipe!!
I’ve had this recipe in my little recipe collection for as long as I can remember. I’m pretty sure I copied it from my sister back in college, and I’ve been making it ever since.
It’s one of those recipes that is so simple that you don’t think it can possibly be any good. But you’ll be delightfully surprised with this recipe. And if you’re watching your carbs, this Chicken with Lime Butter recipe is perfect to eat as a low carb dinner.
Lime juice is combined with pats of butter and herbs… to create a tangy, wonderful, buttery sauce to top the simply sauteed chicken. You’ll want to grab a straw and suck up that sauce~ it’s so good!
How to make the lime butter:
After sauteeing the chicken breasts, the juice from a large lime is squeezed into the hot skillet. That juice is heated until bubbly. Tablespoons of butter are slowly whisked in to create a creamy sauce. Fresh dill and fresh chives are stirred into the buttery sauce. And that sauce is spooned over the sauteed chicken. Perfection!
Thanks to Serene from the HouseOfYumm blog for these beautiful photos. Serene is one of the photographers for RecipeGirl.com, and she captured the deliciousness of this chicken dish perfectly!
Here are a few more chicken recipes you might enjoy:
- Chicken with Lemon Caper Sauce
- Fried Chicken
- Sticky Bourbon Chicken with Rice
- Santa Fe Chicken
- Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Caramel Chicken
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Chicken with Mustard
Chicken with Lime Butter
There is such a delicious tangy butter sauce topping this chicken.
- 2.25 pounds (6 medium breasts) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large lime
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, cook chicken breasts in hot oil until fork tender and browned on both sides (about 10 minutes). Arrange on platter and keep warm.
- Spoon off the oil in skillet. Squeeze juice from lime into the skillet. Over low heat, cook until lime juice bubbles. With a wire whisk, stir in the butter- 1 tablespoon at a time; cook, stirring until butter becomes opaque and forms a creamy sauce. Stir in the dill and chopped chives.
- Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
- WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS: 6 per serving